Stage 5: Carbon transition: implications for treasurers
Session date: 15/06/21
Session time: 10:30
This session will cover the following:
- what pressures are there on businesses to lay out their longer term transition goals and plans? Where do treasurers encounter these issues directly?
- what measures are companies taking to develop and share plans to deal with the energy transition?
- a practical guide – how do you come up with a realistic, achievable long term transition plan? What are the implications and considerations for treasury teams? How you deal with all the uncertainties involved?
- what could the next 30 years look like for carbon-intensive industries?
- what are the most likely policy levers?
- how are rating agencies and external parties evaluating these plans?